Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Everything Seuss!


With the celebration of Dr. Seuss' birthday in March, Atlantic's HSAP has been abuzz with all things Seuss! The creative juices are flowing and students are busy creating their own Seuss-like verses and illustrations. It will be fun to include them in this year's Kids' Collection!

Speaking of the Kids' Collection, I would like to remind you that I take submissions to our annual publication in April and then put it together early in May. If your children have any stories, reports, poetry or art work that you would like included, please get those to me in April.

Also in April I will be going back to my roots in music education with your children and teaching them some music appreciation. I plan to use the children's books, The Bat Boy and His Violin, and Zin! Zun! Zin! A Violin!, as well as the orchestral music from the Romantic period, of Peter and the Wolf to teach the kids about the instruments of the orchestra. I will bring in a few instruments for the children to see and we will take a look at how they produce sound as well. Should be fun!

And finally a reminder that the Atlantic Schools will be closed for spring break Friday March 19 through Wednesday March 23. Because of that there will be no HSAP next Tuesday or Wednesday. We will have regular Thursday meetings.

Enjoy the great weather!

No comments: